The Plano Masjid project, as any complex project – has been filled with curve balls and learning curves. Hindsight is always 20/20 – but at the same time, real-time ground reality is a major factor in any decision making process.
Having said that, Experience with contractors has allowed us to realize the do’s and dont’s and refocus as we move forward. This has been especially true as we wind down phase 1 and Phase 2 planning becomes a closer reality.
Masjid related updates and various Meeting Details:
- The Qibla marble has been mobilized to the masjid and installers will start work this week. Expected install time is 4 weeks
- The Chandeliers have arrived from Egypt and have been mobilized to the masjid.
- Unpacking of crates and assembly will start on Saturday of next week.
- The steel rails that have been installed by the GC are not per codes and therefore repair work for the same has been started and will take a few days. After they are repaired fire inspection will be called in.
- Asmaullah and Marsiyaah marble tablets are ready in Mumbai, India and are scheduled to be loaded onto a container end of this month. Transit time is approximately 6 weeks.
- Phase 2 – Mawaid, Darul Imarat – is in the preliminary phase.
- BWA Plano – held a Mithi Shitabi with the Niyat of Aqa Moula (tus) Tashreef Aawri. Theme was based on Niyat and Home, Jaman, Ziafat etc preparations.