As we close in on the Masjid Project, Plano Masjid Team, our fellow Plano mumineen and others that breathe this project day in and day out – are now in the anticipation of final inspections.
As we see the gradual building of the Qibla towards completion, we envision a day soon when Qiblatul Qibal , Masjid na Mamsool, Aali Qadr Moula (tus) Plano Masjid ni iftetah waaste padhaare.
Masjid Updates / Meeting Details:
- The core of todays meeting was that it’s now effectively crunch time. A Punch List was put together with “to do” items from the last inspection, including those sent from the city.
It was hashed out as to whether the items were “done” (with photographic proof) or “pending” and who would take the accountability of completing it.
The importance of these meetings are manifold – specifically so that all details are covered and documented, we are thoroughly prepared for the inspections, and so that there are no misunderstandings as to who was supposed to do what.
Pending items are:
- Commissioning Letter – Account has been set up for Elevator Monitoring.
- State Elevator Report – scheduled for 2/28/2022.
- Qibla work is almost complete. This installation has called for highly skilled contractors that can carry out the scope of the work, and hence expect respective compensation.
- As we near the end of the project – the gears shift towards Maintenance, identifying the difference between Maintenance and Tanzeem, and at the same time how they work hand in hand.
Maintenance Lead will work on Trainings on all maintenance related items – electric, water/plumbing, HVAC, kitchen, etc for the team.
- IP Cameras are ready to be installed at the Masjid.
- Earlier in the week a meeting was held with the Audio/Video contractor as to placement of screens and any pending work items.
- There was a discussion on railing / jaali being code compliant.