The last few days have been intense, with constant communication with the City, often raised voices with contractors, red tape, and building pressure to follow through on the punch list from the City.
Today, March 31st, we have finally obtained the Certificate of Occupancy to occupy the Masjid Building. It was the ultimate dream come true – only through the Dua of Aqa Moula (tus) and constant nazar and guidance of Shehzada Malekul Ashtar BS (DM), we have journeyed through the Sharaf of the Masjid making Process.
At the Masjid Site, It was a scene to be seen, sakar was offered to all, moh mithu karwa waaste. For all of us that have lived this, have breathed this, this was an end, yet a beginning.
During this month of Ibadat, Plano Jamaat does shukur of this nemat, and awaits the day when Aali Qadr Moula (tus) graces Plano / Mckinney and performs the iftetah of our Masjid.
- The temporary CO will transition to a CO in 30 days.
- Asmaullah, Zikrul Husain, Fulkul Husain, and Ya Syedashohada tablets have arrived and will be installed after Shehrullah.
- Crowning (decorative / design element that is installed on the ceiling) on the Main Masjid will also happen next month.
- Women’s Masjid Jaali has been made in Houston – 27 panels. Installation is pending.
- New AV contractor is being vetted to finish AV work.
- Temporary Carpeting will be installed tomorrow.
- Contractual obligations are still pending with the contractor. There are many finishings, fixes that need to be made before we sign off.