On December 18, 2021 – a progress meeting was held at the Masjid Site with the Architect and Contractor.
- The Final Inspection on Plumbing and Electrical were obtained. This is a feat for us and we appreciate the City for their time and guidance.
- For the Final Building Inspection, the following items need to be addressed:
- The elevator needs to be functional. The contractor agreed to coordinate with the elevator company to get it running.
- There should be minimum 42″ high fall protection railing on or next to the parapet where HVAC units are within less than 10′ from the parapet wall. The contractor informed that they have already started working on it and hope to finish by next week.
- The Fire Department Knox boxes_ (a small, wall-mounted safe that holds building keys for fire departments, emergency medical services, and sometimes police to retrieve in emergency situations.)_ at the gates should be installed. The sub-contractor agreed to work with electrician and Murtuza Bhai Dabbawalla to get it installed properly.
- The contractor informed that the hand rails at the plaza must be completed to comply with the code. The architect informed to follow the approved drawings.
- Per City, There are still some signs pending. This is being worked on.
- The Sub-contractor will install the pole with power to have the key pad from AV people.
- The contractor informed that they have to install a transition strip at all changes of tiles and future carpet area as the carpet is not installed yet.
- Coordination has begun with Masted Video / Gate Control Company for access control (controlled entry / exit into Masjid grounds ), which includes:
- Card Reader
- Power Supply
- Windshield Tag for car
- Outlet to Gate
- Umoor Kharejia members visited the City of McKinney, Good Sammaratin Inn, Plano School District and other Surrounding schools, McKinney Little Free Pantry, and our Masjid neighbors and surrounding businesses.