2021 has already given us the opportunity to progress on many fronts.
Meetings have been held at the Masjid Site with the Architect and Contractor as well as meetings at other locations.
- The Irrigation work has begun.
- The Picnic Area Formwork (the process of creating a temporary mold into which concrete is poured and formed) and rebars are ready. Concrete will be poured in the coming next dry/no rain day.
- The main plaza area regrading ( to provide with a newly smooth horizontal or sloping surface was done).
- 80% of rough electrical and plumbing work is completed.
- Tiles, Paint Color samples, and presentation will be done by Interior Designer Shabana Bahen Hakim Ali on the 16th.
- The contractor confirmed that the following items will start and or be completed in the next two weeks: 🔹The roofing completion.
- The door/window framings.
- The interior drywall.
- The HVAC ductwork.
- Tazyeen of Marasiya “Ya Saiyyeda As Shohada” & “Fulkul Husain” is being worked on by Shk. Shabbir Bhai Saifee who has previously done this khidmat in Houston Masjid.
- Landscape work has begun and is being overseen by the Contractor. Dr. Husain Bhai and Umme Hani Bahen Haideri are providing feedback and have taken on this khidmat.
- Outreach to City Councilors, Officials, McKinney – Fire and Police Department and inviting them to visit Masjid site and having preliminary discussions for event planning in terms of our umeed of Masjid Iftetah have begun.
- Burhani Women’s Association Plano (Umoor Deeniya) held a small Mithi Shitabi Majlis at the Masjid Site and did khidmat of Jaman distribution to all families via FMB.