On Saturday, June 12, 2021- a progress meeting was held at the Masjid Site with the Architect and Contractor.
Meeting Details and other updates:
- Umoor Khrejiya (PR) had a meeting with MCKinney Police Chief and Community Officer to discuss what a Masjid Iftetah would entail from a Security, Police Presence, Traffic Control and Event Management perspective.
- Takhat has been shipped from Pakistan.
- As per site meeting on June 11, 2021 (Friday) regarding the tile at the patios the following items were finalized:
- The existing tiles on the patio will be removed by Tuesday.
- Contractor will re-locate the floor drain on north west patio as per the drawings.
- Waterproofing to be done on the concrete.
- Tile with cove base will be installed on water proof concrete surface.
- Contractor will put metal flashings as per the sketch.
- It was emphasized that slope must be maintained properly towards the floor drain.
- All water damaged areas will be removed/fixed immediately.
- The window glass will be at the site by June 28. The contractor agreed to get those installed in 3 to 4 days.
- HVAC testing requires complete seal of the building envelope.
- The City of MCKinney has passed the roof inspection, including electrical works. Once fire sprinkler is done and passed by fire department ceiling work can proceed.
- Account has been set by Tara (electric company) energy- next step – HVAC inspection could be done.
- The tile work in the toilet will start from Monday.
- Sheetrock work will be done in 3 weeks most.
- The flagpole design is approved by the city and now we will work with contractor to move this forward.
- Fence work is scheduled to start this week.