A progress meeting was held at the Masjid Site with the Architect and Contractor.
With more and more Mumineen visiting the Masjid Site, there are quite a few suggestion that are being made. Especially, BWA of Plano have done Niyat to visit the Masjid Site regularly and recite Dua e Kaamil for the speedy completion of Masjid Project.
- Qibla Drawings have been finalized and handed over to the Architect.
- Electrical and plumbing rough in will start from Monday morning (Rough In – stage of a construction project when the various mechanical, electrical, and plumbing lines are brought in. This is when lines are laid out, but final connections are not made until other stages of the project are completed).
- Manhole work is done and back fill (refill with the material dig out of it) will be done from Monday.
- The steel stud frame work will start from Monday based on new kitchen and wuzu area drawings.
- The dropdown automatic screening is decided to be installed on all windows. We will revise electrical drawings.
- A 24″ screen prints is decided to be installed on glass on 2nd floor common area on atrium wall.
- As requested on second floor we have moved the kids room on left side closer to the bathroom and open patio and moved the meeting room to previously designated kids room. Others remain the same.
- Adding a high window on women stairs is under consideration.
- Non skid porcelain tiles are decided to be installed on women stairs (treads and risers) with aluminum nosing.
- There was a discussion on hand rails being very close to the wall.
- Options of fences were discussed. We will check with the city if wood or any other type of fence would be permitted by the city.
- Additional cost was incurred on manhole.
- There was a discussion on printed glass and quotes are being worked on.
- Instead of aluminum frames it has been decided that wooden frames will be installed next to the wooden doors.