Weekly progress meeting was also held at the Masjid Site in McKinney with the Architect and Contractor.
Details of Houston Masjid Visit:
- A Professional with a 360 degree multi point scanner met us at the masjid and scanned the complete dimensions and design of the Qibla in order to transfer the dimensions and use the same for preparing our shop drawings (detailed construction drawings) in autocad format to be sent to Qibla manufacturer in India.
- The Wooden Railing sizes and structure were discussed with individuals who were involved with the wood work for the Houston Masjid, and these were also scanned. Shop drawings will be prepared based on sizes and structure. The railings are being designed keeping in mind the massive load it would incur during iftetah and other events and also keeping in mind the aesthetic aspect of it.
- The script pattern for Asmaullah and other Marsiya that will be installed in the atrium – Main Masjid – Openings / Measurements were discussed with Shk Shabbir Bhai Saifee – He will prepare the script based on the opening sizes.
- Certain other elements that will be part of interior design were discussed and details noted and scanned – same to be incorporated in our Plano masjid interiors.
Details of Masjid Site Meeting in McKinney :
- The second floor concrete on deck (Muminaat Section) is schedule for Tuesday. October 06, 2020.
- The concrete work of the approaches of the sidewalk was approved by the city on Friday. October 02, 2020 and scheduled to be poured on Tuesday, October 3, 2020.
- Atmos Energy has approved the manhole and the city has accepted the new traffic plan from the GC. If the city approves the new traffic control plan by Monday then the work will start from Tuesday.
- The final decision on brick is on hold until this weekend.
- The interior stud framing work has started and moving on in a good pace.
- The work on elevator pit is moving forward.